Industrial site specialty coating application and preparation projects can include bridges, warehouses, offshore sites or buildings like schools or office buildings. These specialty coatings present complex challenges and proper preparation, but with Alpine Painting and Restoration Services, we can complete your industrial coating project using over 25 years of industry experience — exceeding your expectations, easing your daily operations and ensuring the safety of your building, machinery, employees and customers.
At Alpine Painting and Restoration Services, we offer a variety of industrial specialty coatings, including:
- Intumescent Fire-proofing – a solvent-based, single component thin coating applied by normal airless spray to give up to 2 hours fire protection on all types of steel sections. ULI listed and Suitable for internal and external steelwork.
- CIM High-performance Coatings
- Fluid Applied Insulation
- Liquid-applied Lining Systems
- Extreme Immersion
- Plural-component Polyurethane
- Polysiloxanes and Fluorothanes – Hydrophobic & Super Hydropholic Coatings
Corrosion Classifications for Internal and External Environments
Selecting a specialty coating for your building is essential, and the environmental conditions of your facility largely determine which type of coating you need. To establish the effect of corrosivity on your building, you must consider several environmental factors like the humidity and temperature of the area, amount of UV radiation, chemical exposure and mechanical damage. The corrosive aggressiveness of your environment determines the type of paint you need, the thickness of the paint, surface preparation and reapplication intervals.
The five corrosion classifications are as follows:
- C1 – Heated buildings with clean atmospheres, e.g., offices, schools, shops, hotels
- C2 – Atmospheres with low level of pollution, mostly rural areas. Unheated buildings where condensation may occur, e.g., depots, warehouses, sports halls
- C3 – Urban and industrial atmospheres, moderate sulfur dioxide pollution. Coastal areas with low salinity. Production rooms with high humidity and some air pollution (food processing plants, laundries, breweries, diaries)
- C4 – Industrial areas and coastal areas with moderate salinity. Chemical plants, swimming pools, coastal shipyards
- C5-I – Industrial areas with high humidity and aggressive atmosphere. Buildings or areas with almost permanent condensation and high pollution
- C5-M – Coastal and offshore areas with high salinity. Buildings or areas with almost permanent condensation and high pollution
More About Flexible Plural-Component Polyurethane Coatings
Plural-component polyurethane coatings are perfect for buildings like water and sewage treatment facilities, petrochemical storage and refineries, manufacturing buildings and chemical factories where an average paint or coating won’t work. The chemistry of the epoxy, polyurea and polyurethane blend in this coating allows it to succeed and be more versatile than a standard paint. The benefits of plural-component polyurethane coatings include:
- Fast cure times
- Solvent- and VOC-free
- Corrosion protection
- Chemical, environmental and atmospheric resistance
At Alpine Painting and Restoration Services, we are the best because we can quickly apply your new coating using years of expertise to apply it safely and according to industry specifications. And for your convenience, we can apply your new coating after-hours or during weekends so we don’t disturb your daily productivity.
Your fireproof building materials don’t have to detract from your building’s appearance. With an intumescent fire-proof coating, you can lower construction costs and maintain your building’s appearance. These fireproof coatings are a thin film coat applied to unapproved building materials, including structural steel, so they can meet fire codes, fire ratings and flame spread regulations. They are safe, durable and affordable and can be applied to any indoor or outdoor material.
In addition to structural steel, you can add a fire-proof coating to doors, columns, walls, ceilings and wood surfaces.
With over 25 years of coating application experience, our expertly trained crew at Alpine Painting and Restoration Services can properly and safely apply your new fire-proof coating to guarantee the stability of your building and safety of your employees.
For Safe, Reliable Industrial Specialty Coatings, Call Alpine Painting and Restoration
A superior customer service experience, rapid crew deployment and fair, competitive pricing is only part of why Alpine Painting and Restoration Services is the premier industrial coating company in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey. Our specialty coatings can be applied to your building, warehouse or facility affordably and according to your schedule and using the best tools and techniques available to achieve high-quality results.
Call us today at 215-348-4410 or complete our online contact form below to schedule a specialty coating application or to learn more about our offerings.